B.Com.(Hons.) 3 Years
The widely coveted B.Com.(Hons.) course aims at providing comprehensive insight into finance, banking, law, accounting, taxation and management, which play an important role in today's dynamic business environment. If you are aiming for professional courses like C.A., C.W.A., C.F.A., and C.S., this is the right starting point. Those aspiring to become entrepreneurs will also find the course valuable. The faculty here is a close-knit community of reputed authors and dedicated and experienced teachers.
The main objectives of this
- To impart knowledge of commerce and allied subjects to the students so that they can
get prepared for their higher studies.
- To provide fundamental knowledge in Management, Computer and Business related
- To impart advanced knowledge on Accounting, Taxation and Finance.
- To develop abilities in students to pursue higher education in Chartered Accountancy,
Company Secretary, Cost and Work Accountancy, Chartered Finance Analyst type of
Professional Courses and Post Graduation in Management.
- Develop an understanding of commerce and apply the skills and
knowledge in a business organization.
- Equip the graduates with the know-how of operating successfully in a
continuously changing business environment.
- Equip graduates with the skills required to lead management position
- Make informed and ethical decisions based on thorough knowledge of
- Develop an ability to effectively communicate both orally and verbally.
- Appreciate importance of working independently and in a team.
- Have exposure of complex commerce problems and find their solution.
- Process information by effective use of IT tools.
- Understand required mathematical, analytical and statistical tools for
financial and accounting analysis.
- Develop self-confidence and awareness of general issues prevailing
in the society
Programme Specific Outcomes:
- Demonstrate knowledge of commerce, taxation, legal, Banking and Insurance
and managerial aspects utilized in business decision making.
- Develop an understanding of various commerce functions such as finance,
accounting, financial analysis, project evaluation, and cost accounting.
- Developing deep understanding in students of subjects like Corporate Tax
Planning, Public Finance and Treasury, International Business, Indian
Financial System etc.