MBA (T) 5 years is an integrated five years program of IIPS. Tourism is the world’s largest industry and one of the objectives of tourism development is economic gain. Tourism is the temporary short-term movement of people to destinations outside the places where they normally live and work, together with their activities and experiences during these journeys. Journeys are for pleasure, entertainment, culture, business, conferences, visiting friends and relatives, adventure, shopping, dining, challenge and self development, or for a combination of these reasons. Tourism has become one of the world’s largest and fastest growing industries ,because of several factors, such as rising levels of income, improvements in transportation and the introduction of low-cost airline services, easier access to destinations by tourists and the diversification of the industry with new market niches, such as cultural tourism, ecotourism and adventure tourism.
- Explain the role of and apply economics, accounting, financial management, human
resource management and marketing knowledge and skills in decision making and
management of tourism organisations.
- Recognise the potential impact of local and global economic conditions and events,
with emphasis on the Asia Pacific region, on the operations and strategic management
- Apply sound financial management techniques and analytical skills to authentic
operations and strategic management issues of organisations.
- Apply contemporary strategic management practices compatible with organisational
sustainability, ethical behaviour and effective workforce relations.
- Describe a range of research methods useful in the conduct of industry and
organisation based projects, and discuss their benefits and limitations.
- Work both individually and in groups to conduct business research and critically
evaluate the findings to solve business related problems.
- Relate and apply the knowledge and skills to the tourism industry.
- Identify and evaluate social responsibility and ethical issues involved in business
situations and logically articulate own position on such issues.
- Explain how organizations adapt to an uncertain environment and identify techniques
managers use to influence and control the internal environment.
- Develop a practical prospective on the travel and tourism industry.
- Develop better understanding of travel and tourism industry.
- Gain insights on the advance and latest knowledge about the trends in tourism sector.
Programme Specific Outcomes:
- PSO1: EExplain and understand the information technology applied in operational and managerial
levels to the hospitality and tourism industry.
- PSO2: RDemonstrate knowledge of statistical data analysis techniques utilized in business
- PSO3: The environmental objective of Tourism is to safeguard the environment by preserving
the habitat and regeneration and conservation of environment.
- PSO4:The socio cultural objectives of tourism are to promote the understanding of different
cultures and also to provide community facilities as well as tourist facilities to the tourists
coming from different areas of the world.