M.Tech (5 Years)
Our M-Tech (51/2-years) is the only program of its kind in DAVV. IIPS started this course in the year 2002. This course has been designed keeping in mind the latest industry trends and ever-changing scenario of the IT industry. Now its duration is 5 years. The students undergo rigorous training, which moulds them into highly competent and focused professionals. In a period of five years a student studies a total of 58 subjects. The course structure is designed keeping in mind the overall development of the student.
The students have to maintain a high standard of academic performance throughout the course. The classroom learning is complemented by practical experiences in the industry. The course includes compulsory project development at various levels. A six months industry project is also included in last semester of the course to give them real time industry experience.
In the present scenario of ever-changing technology trends, core competence forms the basic professional requirement of the industry. Besides specialized knowledge, what is required is an extensive and multidimensional knowledge base to enable future professionals to keep abreast with the industry.
The broad objectives of the M.Tech. (IT) 5Yrs. Integrated Program are as follows:
- To impart knowledge of mathematics, core computer science subjects and advanced
- To develop skills for designing software systems.
- To practice the problems, for software development using appropriate tools, coding
and testing to provide the efficient solution.
- To gain practical hands-on experience of object-oriented programming languages,
RDBMS tools and languages, AI and data mining tools.
- To practice problem analysis and decision-making.
- To develop in depth understanding of operating system, computer networks and
security, mobile communication, AI, computer architecture and parallel
programming , could computing.
- Analyze the problems, design using appropriate tools, coding and testing to provide the efficient
- Communicate effectively and be able to comprehend and write effective reports, prepare
documentation and effective presentations.
- Inculcate an attitude of concern towards fellow beings, commitment towards work and sense of social
purpose among students so that they can become responsible citizens.
- Function effectively in multiple roles as an Individual, as a Team Member or Leader in teams with
Programme Specific Outcomes:
- Demonstrate knowledge of mathematics, core computer science subjects and advanced technologies.
- Understanding of the key technologies in Information Technology: data mining, information security,
parallel and distributed computing .
- Provide socially acceptable technical solutions to complex computer science engineering problems
with the application of modern and appropriate techniques for sustainable development.
Artificial Intelligence Workshop - Photo Gallery